Thursday, February 28, 2013

Secure Future

Today Matt had to go up the the Army office. Afterwards, he met me at school and as we sat and talked about our day he told me that one of the men at the office asked him why he really joined the Army. Matt told  the man he joined so that he can go to school for free after his four years. The man apparently then asked him why he is really joining, and Matt's response to him was so that he can guarantee a secure future for him and his fiancé. I just thought that was the sweetest; my heart melted just a bit after hearing those words. I had never heard him say that was his reasoning before. I always assumed that was part of it, but he had never said it out loud before today. I have to sometimes remind myself that this will be good for us, and is completely worth it. Yes, it will be hard being away from him for long periods of time, but in the long run this will really help to give us a nice future. I love him so much! 3 days to go until he leaves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment