Sunday, March 3, 2013

One day until official departure

Matt's family and I dropped Matt off at the recruiters office in Frederick today. From there he will be driven to a hotel, and around 9 AM tomorrow morning his family and I will drive up to the MEPS center to say our final goodbyes until we see him again at his graduation some time in May. I got a little teary eyed when saying goodbye, but nothing too bad. We found out that we will have a family day on a Wednesday to spend time with Matt, then his graduation will be on Thursday. The man at the office said that when he graduated his family was able to spend the rest of the weekend with him until Sunday, and that is when Matt will have to check in for his AIT training. So, I'm hoping Matt will be able to do the same. His mom held my hand on the way back to the car and off we went back home. I still don't think it has hit me yet that he's really leaving, and frankly I'm fine with that for now. I hate feeling sad, but I guess that's a little part of this new life, and that's just something I'll learn to deal with and handle better as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment