Friday, June 21, 2013

Some more catch up - it's been a month already!

I haven't blogged in a while, I feel bad about it too! Not entirely sure if I have readers that miss reading - but  I sure do miss writing. I have been busy lately though, so I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on myself. It's already been over a month since Matt has been at AIT! - hard to believe, but time is flying by! Let's see, Matt's classes are still going well. He's been passing his tests and seems to be happy overall. They still go until about 1:30 Am, and yes I still stay up every single night to talk to him - even if it's only for a little. He's worth the tired days. I had a 3 week summer math class that just ended this past Thursday. This class was every week day from 9 to about 12:30. Not too bad, but math isn't my best subject (truthfully it's probably my worst subject). It was definitely a stressful 3 weeks, but I made it! I'm not sure on my final grade for the class, but I am extremely confident that I did not fail - yay! haha! So, what else is new.. hmm.. I've still been spending every Wednesday and Saturday at Matt's parents house. His older sister is there now too, and her son Vann! Visiting is even more fun and exciting with a crazy two year old running around! Oh!did I mention we got a new dog?! A little Lab-German Shepard mixed girl. She's all black with a little white on her stomach, and she's strong! Hopefully she'll become more well behaved as she grows up, but overall she's a good dog, and keeps my younger sister busy busy busy. I pretty much get to talk to Matt every day, not for long, but at least I get to hear from him each day. Both of our wedding bands have arrived in the mail, and are safely tucked away. His is an all black Triton ring, and mine is a small and beautiful white gold ring with alternating black and white diamonds - I can't wait till we can wear them!! We're still not sure when Matt will be coming home on leave, meaning we're still not sure when we'll be getting married - somehow the unknown isn't bothering me too much, and I thank God for that. I'm trying to think of new things - here's an exciting one! This past Wednesday I returned home around 10 Pm to find a package sitting on the table. I walked up and my eyes immediately centered on the returning address. The package sitting on the table was from PV2 Vollmer! My eyes then shifted to who it was for - of course me. My face lit up like the sun. I could feel my cheeks blush as I ripped open the package with trembling hands. Inside was a card, two magnets, and Matt's name tag. The magnets were cute ones that you'd get if you were traveling to a different state to remember where you've been. I opened the card and my eyes filled with tears as I read the sweet words. Happy tears, of course! This package was completely unexpected - and made me just about the happiest girl in the world! Matt is so sweet to me, and I just love him so much! I hope that he knows how much I appreciate him - I don't see how he couldn't know with the way I act towards him! I love that man more than anything in this world, and I am soo happy that I get to marry him. My life has definitely been blessed, and I hope it continues. Overall, AIT hasn't been so bad on my end. Yes, I get lonely - all the time. Yes, I cry sometimes - not a lot, but it still happens. And yes - I miss him more than anything, but overall I'm okay, and he's okay, and that's all that matters. We will be reunited soon enough, and I am looking forward to that every single day.
Stay strong and positive - this is hard, but it's definitely do-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment