Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Changes

Well already there have been some changes made due to the military. The other day I got a call from Matt, and he informed me that he was told he will not be home in time for our wedding. As soon as he told me this he had to hang up the phone and go to formation. He told me he loved me several times, and that he'd call right back, so while I waited I cried. A lot. I pretty much calmed myself down by the time Matt called back, and we decided that although this sucks, A WHOLE LOT, we will just have a small wedding with family, and then a larger one later on when we can really plan for it. Now, I'm still not completely sure when the wedding will be because we aren't sure when he will be allowed his leave, but I'm hoping it will be very close to September still. Honestly, a big wedding isn't my concern at all. My concern is being able to marry Matt, and be with him. So, although the news was very sad, I am still very happy that we decided to have a small wedding first just so we will be able to be together as soon as possible. I don't want to be alone, and sad, and missing Matt any longer than I absolutely have to. So this plan is still perfect in my eyes! I got to FaceTime with Matt again last night. I got to watch him do his "bed time" routine, and it made me miss when I'd actually be there and brush my teeth with him. It was nice to be able to kind of be there though! As I mentioned before, thank God for technology! We actually talked really late tonight - until about 12:00 Am I think. It was so nice to be able to have a longer conversation with him. I just can't wait til we can have long night time conversations in person! Sadly, I have no idea when this will be haha. Luckily I can laugh about this. While he was in boot camp I had an exact date and count down til when we would be reunited, but now I have nothing. I'm assuming it will be 4 months - maybe more - I don't really know! I still have my little count down app set for the date I thought we'd be going to get him from Georgia, but so far it looks like that won't be the date. I mean, who knows - things might change! It is the military we're talking about remember. But all together - I have no idea, and I assume that's how it's going to be for the next 4 years he's in! It's all sort of funny because I'm a planner, I always have been - and probably always will be in some way. This whole experience is definitely changing my ways though. Yes, I still try to plan - but so far nothing has really gone according to plan at all. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm learning to get out of those planning ways? Once again, I'm not sure! I'm not sure of much except for the fact that I love Matt more than anything in this world, and I'm going to marry that man! And really, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment