Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 57 of boot camp

I spent the bulk of my day at a middle school, observing in a 7th grade class. In the morning I thought, "aw teaching middle school wouldn't be so bad". NO NO NO it's bad. Wait until about 1:00 PM - it's bad. Don't ever think it might be fun to teach middle school unless you'll be there for the morning only. It's sad how much children have changed, it's like they are not even children anymore. It's actually quite disgusting if you ask me. It's sad to see. Oh well, nothing you can really do about it. All of my observations are complete now, thank the Lord! I've decided to stick with my first decision and stay with teaching High School level kids. Old enough to understand more complex ideas, and mature enough for me to joke around with or get mad at without crying (mostly). I got home and changed into comfier clothing before heading to Matt's house. On my way I stopped by the mail box to find a letter from my honey! It was from before he called, and just got to me today. I'm not allowed to send him any more mail, but I sure hope I get some more from him, or I just might go crazy. I think I should come to terms with the fact that I will probably end up going "crazy", because I highly doubt he will have the time to send me any more letters. There's only 2 weeks left, and I know the last week he will be slammed. So, I will continue to hope, but I expect that I will not get any more letters. As Matt said in one of his letters to me, "Expect the worst, but hope for the best". That sounds a little depressing maybe, but whatever haha! So, I got to Matt's house and after talking to his mom for a bit I looked down to find a little baby fox in a cage on the kitchen floor. Needless to say, my heart melted on the spot. I've never been so close to a little baby wild animal before, and I even got to hold him!! We sat outside for a while, playing games and taking in the sun. Then we all came back in to relax on the couch, watching Wednesday night TV shows, and eating dinner. I went home around 10:00 PM, talked to my mom for a little, then went down stairs to go to bed. I'm obviously not asleep yet, not sure when I'll get there ... but it will happen eventually. I'm so ready for this week to be over.
Ti p of the day: Don't teach middle school until you've been completely mentally prepared .. haha no, I'm kidding. Kind of. A serious tip of the day (Although I was serious about the middle school thing), clear your mind of all the over emotional crazy thoughts and let yourself understand that not everything will go your way all the time. I find myself getting upset whenever I don't receive a letter - but that's pretty stupid of me. Matt's working his cute butt off in boot camp, and I'm back home crying because I didn't get  letter for a couple of days? When looking back on that, I realize how dumb that is. I get upset because I miss him SO much, I can't help it at the moment, but when looking back I realize I should just be happy that I have him to miss. Matt is truly amazing, and I'm just so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with him!
Stay positive!! You're getting closer and closer to seeing your loved one!

No comments:

Post a Comment