Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 64 of boot camp

I'm a day late on this. I've had a lot going on lately! Yesterday I spent the morning at home with my mom, then my friend Lindsey picked me up and we did some shopping then went and watched movies at her dad's house for a little while. It was nice to clear my mind for a little. And seeing my god daughter is always fun. She's growing up so fast I can't believe it sometimes. After that she dropped me back off at home, and I got ready to leave once again to hang at Matt's house for the evening. His grandparents were there and we spent time talking, and eating Chinese take out .. maybe I ate a little too much Chinese take out, but whatever! Then Matt's little brother and I sat in the living room watching TV. It was getting so hard for me to keep my eyes open, I think I even fell asleep for a little bit.. that is until Jesse yelled to wake me up haha. Matt's grandparents left and I got hugs goodbye, which makes me happy :). I grabbed some things Matt asked me to get and bring to South Carolina for him, then I headed home around 9:00 PM and finished up some last minute things before going to shower and sleep. Maybe if I typed this yesterday I would have had more to say haha, but I didn't and so I'm summarizing. I took a long shower, and snuggled up in a sweat shirt and sweatpants before falling asleep. It's okay to have days like I had, where you just don't have the energy to do what you usually do. Yes, I miss some nights a lot, but I usually update it first thing in the morning. It's just been one of those days I guess! - and as I said, that's allowed :).
Tip of the day: Let's see. Take some time to yourself to watch a movie. A funny, happy movie.  Let yourself relax and laugh for at least an hour, I think you owe yourself that!
Stay positive, you're getting so so close to seeing your soldier!

No comments:

Post a Comment