Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

So far AIT hasn't changed too much, Matt is supposed to be beginning his classes tomorrow - and I say supposed to because you never know with the Army haha! Today is memorial day, a day to remember those who have fought, and fallen for our freedom. It is also a day to remember, and think of those who are fighting for our freedom now. I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride that Matt, my fiance, is one of those men that people were thanking today. He's always been my hero, but now others think of him as a hero too - and I'm just so proud. I can't even put into words how proud I am!! - all I can do is keep saying I'm proud. I feel like that isn't good enough to describe my feelings, but it's so hard to put into words! I think you get the point though, I'M REALLY PROUD! The day went by fast and slow at the same time. Have you ever experienced a day like that? My morning started at around 9 something, sort of. I woke up at 9 something, but for some reason I didn't move an inch from my bed until around 11. I finally got up though, and poured myself a mug of coffee. While sitting at the kitchen table I got a surprise FaceTime call from Matt! I got up and moved to the other room, and then he hung up on me! haha! He got busy as soon as he tried to call me, so I then sat outside and waited for him to call back. Not long after I got another call, and he was sitting outside too! I could hear the birds chirping on his end, and I'm sure he could hear them chirping on my end too. It was really nice, and made my day so much better! We sat and laughed for a long while until Matt had to go. I then spent hours researching UMUC and what exactly I'll need to get done in order to get my BA in English. Now I know all the classes I need to take, well before I really need to worry about it. But, that's how I am. I'm a planner, and I like it that way! Since the army has taken away my planning privileges, I'll just have to plan everything else and be satisfied with that! I just like to be prepared, that's all. I think it's a good thing to do - to keep prepared. It keeps your mind clear and organized, and trust me, while your significant other is in the military, you're going to want to keep your mind organized! Matt got back late tonight and ever since he's been sending me the sweetest and funniest things! It's SO nice to be able to talk to him now. It helps sooo much. My heart would always ache at night while he was in boot camp. I'd miss him so much, but now the ache and the missing him is dampened because I am able to hear his voice, and read his sweet words every day. Matt makes me the happiest girl in the world. He really does. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have him! I wonder if I'll ever get used to that - no probably not. I'll forever be thanking God for the sweetest gift he could have given me, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment