Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 65 of boot camp

Today started around 9:00 AM. Actually my alarm went off at 8:00, but I kept hitting snooze. I eventually made myself get up, and I got dressed, made my face up, and headed out the door. I stopped by dunkin donuts for some much needed coffee, then headed on my way to school. I had a hard time finding a parking spot, but I didn't worry too much about the far parking since IT IS MY LAST DAY OF CLASS! I got to my education class, and had to present a teaching demo to the class. I decided to use a poem to teach the class about imagery. It wasn't the best lesson since I had to keep it short, but after class two girls from my class told me they really liked it, and that I'm going to be a cool teacher. It was a nice little confidence booster! After class I ran into an old friend from one of my classes last semester, and although it was a short conversation it was still nice! I hurried down the stairs and to the testing center to take my final for Biology. It was designed to take me 3 hours, but I think it really only took me about half an hour. I don't see how that would last 3 hours at all. After the test I sat outside on a bench. The weather was very nice today! It eventually came time for my History class, where I would take the final for that class. I ran into my professor in the hallway and found out she didn't have the test with her today. Luckily I ran into her and didn't waste anymore time walking all the way to class. We decided I will take the final in the testing center Monday morning. I had to go to school anyways to turn in my teaching portfolio, so I don't mind taking a test too. It gives me more time to prepare anyway! So, I got to come home earlier than usual! I drove past the mail box on my way to the driveway to find nothing, which was strange since it was already past 4! I pulled into the driveway and decided to go and sit on the bench near my front porch and wait for the mail, I even thought I'd take a nap too! - I'm exhausted. As I walked towards the bench I saw a package on the steps. I picked up the package to find all of our mail tied up in a rubber band underneath. I sat down on the step and looked through the mail. I saw a familiar stamp on the corner of one of the envelopes, but I couldn't believe it! There in the middle of all the mail were two letters from Matt! Just last week he told me he would not be able to send out any more letters! - I guess that was not the case after all :).In his letters he listed more things for me to bring him, which I think is funny because now this will be the fourth time I will go into his room to get things! At least he got to send more letters so he could let me know what else he wanted! I even got a picture of him in his uniform in one of the envelopes! I'll attach it below. The letters were so very sweet, just what I needed after the week I had! I just love Matt so much, he's everything I need and more! I feel so blessed to have him in my life! I still can't believe how lucky I am :). Only 5 more days until I get to see him! I packed my bag up last night/early this morning with all of our clothes! I'm so excited to see him, my mind is buzzing with love and thoughts of him! I don't think this buzzing with subside until I finally get to see him either - actually it probably won't ever stop! I don't mind though, I don't mind at all!
Tip of the day: Go take a nap. I have no idea how I stayed awake all day honestly. I need some good sleep before I blow up. Luckily, I have no class tomorrow so I'll be able to get the sleep I need. Sleep is important, don't let that slip too much! It will keep you healthy and happy! I'm sure your loved one wants you to stay nice and healthy, and it's up to you to do that for them!
Stay positive! 5 days left .. and the majority of those days will be the weekend, which always goes by fast :)