Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 10 of bootcamp

Sorry I didn't blog last night! I was tired, but I'm here now so it's okay! I promised myself I would not miss a day while he's in BCT. Good news! I got to see more pictures of our future soldiers. I found a couple with Matt too! My heart completely melts every time I see him. Obviously it doesn't actually melt, but it sure feels that way. My stomach filled with butterflies every picture I found, and my eyes swelled with tears of joy. I can't imagine what I will do when I finally see him in person. I get excited just thinking about it!! Yesterday was my last day of classes before spring break. Spring break is just like a regular week for me, except I will be saving gas by not driving out to Frederick. I have a paper to write, and I may as well get started on  my other future projects! Why not, right? I'm sure that will keep me busy enough throughout the week. Instead of staring at my phone every night waiting for a phone call from Matt, I have graduated to checking the mail a couple times every day to see if I have received a letter. No letter yet! Just my tax returns, and a book about how to lively up the classroom (since I want to be a teacher). I will admit I plan to pay close attention to my phone every Sunday though. It is my understanding that Sunday's are their days off  - so maybe one of these Sundays he will get the opportunity to call! - and I'm not missing that! I can't believe I haven't seen or talked to or heard from Matt in so long. It's actually not that long, but it seems long to me. It scares me to think after these 2 long months of waiting and longing to see him - I will - but then I have to say goodbye again, and this time for FOUR MONTHS. A week is hard enough for me! But maybe we will get to talk more when the second half of his training comes along, and I know that will help me a lot! It's just so hard to see these couples walking around, holding hands, smiling, being happy. Sometimes I feel a little resentment towards them, but most of the time I smile while my heart frowns, for I wish I could be doing those things with my fiance like we used to. But seeing people in love makes me happy - it's quite a beautiful thing you know. After my wave of sadness I pick myself back up and continue doing whatever I was originally doing until I was distracted. It's my job to stay strong while he's off being strong. I gladly take on this job every day, and I will gladly take on this job every day to come for the rest of my life. I'm a tough cookie, always have been. I know in my heart and in my mind that I'm the right girl for this career.

Tip of the day: Think of the happy things. I'm sure we all see couples out there happy as can be. Sometimes you may hate their guts, without even knowing what their first name starts with. That's okay, I'm sure that's normal - maybe ;). But think, you've got a man! A man that loves you, and he's 10 times cooler than that other girls man. You know what, chances are you're cooler than her too! There's not too many women out there that can go through a long period of time without seeing the man they are in love with and keep strong and positive! So be sad for a second, but then think - you will see them again and you will get to be that cute, happy couple that other people envy when you walk by. Don't forget that through this hard time!

No comments:

Post a Comment