Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 7 of bootcamp

Well, it's been a week and still no word from Matt. As I was starting to think that he would simply not call at all, the website connected to Fort Jackson posted pictures of soldiers making phone calls. I swear I saw the back of Matt's head! The women running the site informed me that they were not all finished and at around 7:00pm they started making calls again. I got so excited and nervous I thought I was going to puke! I miss Matt so much, and all I want is to hear his voice. So, I waited, and waited, and waited. No phone call tonight. Of course, my reaction was to cry and think about how much I missed him. That went on for a while, and then I finally sucked it up. I finished my letter to him, and now after writing this I will shower and head off to bed. You can also bet your butt I will be waiting by the phone tomorrow night too. The women said there were around 60 soldiers waiting to call, and maybe they didn't finish tonight. I can't imagine he won't get to call. I wonder if I am annoying these women with all of my questions, but I can't help but be concerned. The  man is my whole world, and he's constantly on my mind. Wish us luck on a phone call tomorrow!
Advice of the day, suck it up and continue to wait. As Matt said before he left "Hurry up and wait", and that is just what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment