Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 21 of boot camp

Wow, day 21 already?! That's 3 weeks now. 3 weeks is almost a month. and a month is almost 2 months and 2 months means I will be seeing Matt super soon! Maybe I'm pushing it a little, but a little exaggeration never killed anybody (I don't think). Still waiting on a letter from Matt! I had my sister text me when she got the mail and let me know whether I got a letter or not. This way I wouldn't be anxiously waiting and day dreaming during my evening class. So, instead I was disappointed and then able to really pay attention to the extremely boring protestant reformation video we watched in class before reading excerpts from William Tyndale's bible. I bet you got bored just by reading that above sentence, didn't you? Anyways, I spent the bulk of my day alone. After my education class in the morning I took a trip to the mall. By myself. I bought my younger sister a dress for Easter  and then bought myself some new clothes too. They were having a buy one, get one 1/2 off sale... I had to. I have 3.5 hours to kill between my first class and the remainder of my classes for the day, so after shopping I grabbed my history notes and sat, alone again, in Starbucks with a chocolate banana smoothie - which was kind of weird. As time got closer to 3:00 I packed up my things and drove back to FCC for the rest of my day. After class I got a text message from Matt's mother asking me to come watch her younger son for a little while tonight. I gladly did just that. We all had dinner together, then Jesse and I jump roped, listened to random songs that he had me guess the artist to, and made fun of the show Hard Core Pawn .. or something like that. I headed home around 10:20 pm, and once again did some pilates before bed. It sure does relieve some stress, and hurt my muscles. It's a good hurt though, a getting stronger hurt. So, I'm getting stronger on the outside and inside now.
Tip for the day: Find something that distracts you, and keep doing it. Whether it be working out, reading, seeing friends, or family. Anything! It will help the time go by faster, and keep you happy instead of worrisome  lonely, and sad. Now, I'm not saying you won't feel these things sometimes, because - I'm not going to lie to you - you definitely will feel them. Maybe you'll feel them every single day, but if you keep yourself distracted then you won't feel them for long and you'll be able to keep moving  on with your day.
Stay positive! 3 weeks has flown by for me - I'm sure it will for you too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to spend time with Jesse! He is missing Matt a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! I know he is... that's why I try to play the sports and stuff like Matt did sometimes haha. Although I'm not as good as Matt haha!

      Delete