Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 23 of boot camp

Today was a "blah" day. You know what I mean? You just feel like a slug inside and out, and you can't seem to feel emotion about anything. That's how I felt for the most part of today. After school I went home, and worked out ... that seemed to fix my blahness! Later on I randomly started thinking of some of the things Matt wrote in his letter to me, and found myself uncontrollably smiling. That's a nice feeling - to smile uncontrollably. Sometimes, when I really stop and think about where my life is at the moment I am surprised. I can't believe I'm engaged to the most amazing man I've ever met in my life. He's in the army, I'll be finishing school soon, and then we will get married. I'm going to marry him. That is just so AWESOME to me. I am young, but I don't feel as young as I am. I feel like I'm in my mid 20's or something. Not like that is a bad thing, though. At least it's not a bad thing to me. I like being more mature. I feel like I get more out of life that way. I think more clearly, and make better decisions that will eventually benefit my future. - Sounds good to me! Maybe some would say that I'm missing out on being a kid, and doing things such as partying, and making tons of friends. That isn't fun to me though. I have no desire to go out and do those things, I'd rather work on making my future more enjoyable while I'm finishing up something I'm not too fond of, and by that I mean college haha! Maybe I'm boring, maybe I'm not... I think I'm pretty cool (not to sound conceited or anything), and that's all that maters right?!
Tip of the day: Take a step back and look at your life. Think about your future. Do you like what you see? If so, "keep on keeping on" as they say. And if not, maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing and make some changes. There is no point in being un-happy with your life, you can always change for the better. I, for one, am extremely happy with my life. Even while missing my best friend and fiance terribly! He can make me happy  from miles away, and that's how I am 100% positive I'm on the right track in my life :)
Stay positive! You're getting closer and closer as each day passes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment