Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 15 of boot camp

Alrighty. Day 15. I spent the morning sleeping, and then I forced myself up and took a shower. I drank some coffee and talked with my mom for a while before sealing up a letter to Matt and heading off to the post office. After the post office I treated myself to some shopping at Tj Maxx - I bought an awesome box to hold all of Matt's letters in and other things that may be sent my way throughout the years, and then I did some grocery shopping for my mother, and had a much needed hilarious conversation with my friend Cody. I used to work at the grocery store so he caught me up on everything that was going on there. After all of that I headed back home and patiently (or un-patiently) waited for the mail. As soon as it arrived I ran out there and checked for a letter from Matt. Nothing today, but there's always tomorrow! I wonder if he's even gotten any of my letters yet. I sure hope he has, I know they will be a good pick - me - up for him while he's working hard and missing everyone back home. I cannot wait till May comes around.. I miss my best friend and fiance more than anything. At first I felt so lonely, like a piece of me was ripped out and left gaping when Matt left, but the letters from him mended that hole. Not completely, it won't be fixed until Matt and I are together face to face again, but it filled it a little at least. I no longer felt alone. I knew Matt was right here with me, and I get that feeling every time I go back and read those letters. I only hope for more so maybe the hole in me will  be mended by his sweet words. This evening I went out to dinner with Matt's mom and little brother, then we stopped by pier 1 - and guess what ... I bought more! Shopping really is like therapy sometimes, I swear. I found 2 unique coasters ( I love coasters ), a candle, and a little green harmonica for Matt! I cannot wait to give it to him!! I know he's going to love it! - A while back he came upon a harmonica in my basement and attempted to play it. Maybe now he can really learn how! The week is close to being over; it went by fast just as I initially predicted.
Tip of the day: This may sound bad - but go shop. Go buy yourself something fun! - Like blue and black polka dotted pants as I did today. And if not for yourself, buy something for your significant other! I'm sure it will make you happy knowing they will be happy to receive whatever it is you bought them. I advise you not to do this shopping therapy thing all the time though - that will most likely end bad.
Stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment