Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 20 of bootcamp

Today was a snow day. Yes, a snow day in March. Don't get me wrong, I like snow ... in the winter. It's spring now, and I don't really think it should be snowing in spring. The snow ended up ruining my plans with Lindsey, and I laid in bed for hours after waking up. I finally got up after my sister came down stairs to tell me we had to shovel the driveway. We took our dog, a small poodle, out with us. He absolutely loved it out there. Every time we shoveled snow and tossed it into the yard he would chase after it. That brightened my mood a bit, but I couldn't help but think how much fun Matt would have had running around with my dog in the yard. He always chases him around the house and outside. I should stop thinking about that, it makes me miss him more. Afterwards, I finished up some letters to Matt then Morgan, my sister, and I went out for lunch. I treated of course. It was fun, I must admit. We stopped by Walmart and got a red-box movie too. After dropping my letter off at the post office we went home to watch Argo. While we were watching the movie the mail came. I hurried outside in the snow to once again find no letter from Matt. This no hearing from Matt thing is really bumming me out. I want to cry every time I walk away from the mailbox without a letter from him in my hands. I don't cry though, I just push it into the back of my head and pretend I'm okay. I spent the rest of the evening sitting on that couch again. And now I'm laying in bed, which is not much better. I plan on doing some pilates before showering and headed off to bed tonight. Maybe that will get some endorphins pumping and my mood will be lifted a little bit. I don't have much to say, as I am feeling down tonight. Like I said, hopefully this workout helps.
Tip for the day: Try working out, getting some exercise in might help to make you feel better! Anything is worth a try right? It will help to keep you busy too, so you won't lay in bed staring at nothing while thinking of your loved one, as I was doing a couple minutes ago. Don't let yourself do that... that's not going to help anything. Stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment