Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 22 of boot camp

I GOT A LETTER TODAY!!!! I went out, and came home before heading to Matt's house for dinner tonight to check the mail. I grabbed the pile out of the mail box as I drove by and sat there to quickly search through my handful. Sure enough, I found a letter! My stomach immediately filled with butterflies and my heart began to beat faster and faster. My hands were trembling, and I could feel the ginormous smile spread across my face like peanut butter on a sandwich. I drove to my driveway, turned off the car, pushed my seat back and opened the lovely envelope shaking in my grip. Once again, Matt's sweet words filled my head as my eyes scanned across each line. Tears fell from my big brown eyes as I read. It is so obvious that he loves me so much. He spoke of our future together, and how he can't wait to be with me again, and how much he misses me. I can even feel a smile pealing open on my face as I write about this. I just can't even describe how truly happy I am. My heart flutters at the thought of Matt, as if it could fly right out of my chest and dance in the sky above me, and it is just the best feeling in the world. There's nothing like the feeling of being in love, while being loved back. It is just one of those things you simply have to feel for yourself, there is no explaining it. On with my day now. After reading the letters I drove to Matt's and found his mother got a letter too! It was wonderful! It was so nice to see her smile as she read his words. He is so loved, and I hope he knows it! We all then went to pick up their new car, a black jeep, from his grandparents house. While there I had the pleasure of showing his grandmother pictures of Matt all dressed up in his uniform. Soon after we left, and went out to dinner. I had a nice and fattening philly cheese steak - my favorite. Then I came home, and here I am typing away. I will finish up some letters to Matt and put them in the mail for him to receive hopefully very soon. I can't wait for my next letter!
Tip of the day: Go out and do something for yourself, see family, see friends, whatever! Just go out! It's better than sitting at home. My day flew by and now it's almost the end of the week!
Stay positive!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Maddie! Keep it up. We are sending letters every day too, and my husband tells me they make all the difference for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you so much! I'm so glad!! I know Matt loves getting them too! :)

    ReplyDelete