Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 12 of boot camp

Day 12! Wow, it's almost been two weeks now -  it seems like just yesterday it was only one week. Time is really flying by, not that it bothers me any! I love it! The more time flies by, the faster I can see the love of my life! This morning I woke up after a long sleep on the couch at Matt's house. I was surprised at how late I slept in. His mom and I sat and drank coffee while talking about random, yet interesting things. Matt's little brother woke up, or better yet, was made to wake up shortly after. He grabbed some breakfast and we all sat and talked a little longer before he and I went outside to play a game of "HORSE" with the basket ball (I'm sure we all remember that game). I beat him the first time, and then he figured out an angle where I could never make it from. He continued to shoot from that spot, and I ended up losing just in time to leave so that I could shower before work. I gathered my things, hugged his mom goodbye then drove home to get ready for the rest of my day. I showered and put on my face, then dressed in green attire for the evening. It's St. Patrick's day and I was NOT in the mood to get pinched (I'm never in the mood to get pinched actually). I got to work and to my surprise I was working with my best friend tonight. That's definitely a perk of working there, my best friend is almost always a couple steps away if I need her. Work ended and I got home in time for a quick dinner before finishing my last homework assignment for my online class. I found my self very distracted tonight though. I cannot get Matt off my mind long enough to focus on a single word. I had to pause my homework and write a sappy love letter to him (don't worry though - I did end up finishing the homework). I literally felt overwhelmed with love, thoughts of him, and images of him floating through my head. My heart felt flooded like it was actually overflowing with admiration and happiness. I'm definitely not complaining though, it's one of the best feelings in the world. "It" meaning the feeling of being in love. Some people say they don't know what love is, and some people say someone my age is too young to know what love is. I must disagree with them though. I'm no fool, I know what love is, and I know what the feeling of love is. I feel it every second of every day that I am with Matt. At first I was terrified of the idea of Matt being gone for so long, and of what the future would hold for us. I am the type of person who likes to plan things out, and in this case things stands for everything. In the Army there isn't much planning though. Matt will go wherever they tell him to go, whenever they tell him to go, and I will most definitely not have time to plan for that. I am feeling more and more comfortable as time goes by though. To my surprise I stay relatively calm and collected whenever I think of all the unexpected things that are bound to happen in the next 4 years he is in the Army. Instead of having a breakdown of tears, and fear of what is to come, I find myself welcoming it. This is my life now, I have to start getting used to it at some point. I know Matt loves me, and as long as I have his love there is nothing else in the world that I need.
Tip of the day: If feeling overwhelmed, try writing. Maybe that only helps me because I am a writer at heart, but it's worth a shot. Take time to think of what life has in store for you in these upcoming years. Do not cry or fear though, tell yourself to accept it. It's not going to kill you, and it's not going to last forever - That I can promise you. Stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment