Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 26 of boot camp

For starters, Happy Easter! This Sunday I had to work. I was there from 11 - 5, nervous the whole time waiting to see if Matt would call while I wasn't able to answer. Luckily, that wasn't the case - but, un luckily he didn't call at all. All the girls I talked to didn't get calls actually, which is quite surprising considering it's the end of "red phase" and Easter Sunday! I must admit, I'm just glad I didn't miss the call. As I said before, I would beat myself up if I didn't answer his phone call. Anyways, work wasn't the best today. I ended up having a little break down, during so I reminded myself I don't have Matt close by or a phone call away to make me feel better. That made me feel even worse. Let's just say I was beyond happy to get out of there. I drove straight to my grandmothers house after I left, and spent some short, but nice time with family. Now I'm sitting on the couch, watching a cooking show. I've given up on any chances of a phone call tonight, so I can finally relax without jumping every time my phone makes a noise. I just realized I haven't heard Matt's voice, or seen him face to face in almost a month - I never imagined I'd be strong enough to get through this without being completely depressed. I'm surprising myself with my strength, and I like it!
Tip of the day: Don't underestimate yourself. You're stronger than you think, I guarantee that!
Stay strong, and stay positive!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about being relieved that you didn't miss it and thay almost making up for not getting a call. I'm comforted that time is flying by quickly, and we will not have to settle for phone calls soon but will see their faces again! Have a good night, Maddie! Enjoy some much needed relax time!

    ReplyDelete