Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 27 of boot camp

Today I had the pleasure of spending time with my best friend and god daughter all day. We hung out at the house for a bit, went shopping, got lunch, then strolled around down town Frederick to walk off that lunch. It was a very nice day with lots of laughter and smiles. I'm so happy that I have friends like that to cheer me up while I am missing Matt. I drove home and stopped by the mailbox on my way. Guess what! I got myself another letter! Matt apparently received all of the letters I sent from when he first left (I sent them a little while ago all in one envelope). He said they made him so happy, and that warmed my heart! One of the things he wrote really hit me though, he wrote of making a bucket list for things he wants to do after BCT, after the Army, and before he dies. He told me that #1 on this list was to "marry Maddison Lee Nelson". As soon as I read that line tears fell from my eyes. He's the sweetest man I've ever met, and I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve him, but I'm sure glad I have him!! Even though he is so far away, I feel closer to him than ever. I'm not really sure how that's possible. I haven't been able to really speak to him in 4 weeks, but somehow I feel so connected with him. I suppose part of that is because he's still here for me, making me happy, and feel comforted even while he's hours away without being able to see me or speak to me face to face. Letters are a beautiful thing. I believe it is so much more simple to write your feelings, thoughts, ect ect rather than speaking them. Reading Matt's words shows me how much he truly loves and cares for me. I'm repeating myself, but I really just cannot believe how lucky I am! 
Tip of the day: Think optimistically! The class is half full, never half empty. Things might get rough, but every single day brings you close to your loved one. Remember, you can never re-live yesterday, so make every day worth living! Don't waste your time being sad, waste your time being happy and thankful for what you have! :)  Stay positive!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment