Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 31 of boot camp

Today officially marks a month since I've last seen Matt. March 5th was when we said our goodbyes, and I've got to say the missing him part has not subsided the least bit. I am thankful for the letters I have received this past month though, without Matt's words of comfort and strength I don't know how I would be doing right now. My day began at 6:00am. I woke up to shower, then headed to school around 7 after dropping off a letter for Matt at the post office. School went on, and on, and on until about 12:00 pm (we got out early). I drove home, relaxed on the couch a bit, waited outside for the mail - to find no letter from my love, then got in a quick workout before getting dressed and going to work. I seat people at a restaurant, if I have not already mentioned that before. The night was steady with tables coming and going. I noticed one couple in particular tonight. The two were a married couple, about in their 40's I assumed. They sat at a table for two facing each other  and holding hands while talking, drinking, and eating. Watching how in love they were was such a nice sight to see. I felt a small smile grow on my face every time my eyes scanned the room, stopping on them. Hopefully no one noticed, because that could have looked creepy. I brought this couple up because watching them made me miss Matt so much more than I already did today. I miss going out to eat, and holding his hand across the table. I wonder if people saw us, and thought we were as cute as I found this couple to be. I think it's so weird how I'm handling this situation so well. I haven't seen Matt in a month! A whole month! I used to miss him like crazy after a day of not being with him. Of course I miss him way more than I ever missed him then after a day, but I'm actually doing okay. I suppose I should give Matt credit for that too, because like I said before - without his words of love, comfort, strength, and support I have no idea how I'd be doing. I guess I'm just trying to say I'm proud of myself. I have proved that I'm much stronger than I give myself credit for. I'd do anything for Matt, and being a little lonely and sad at times while missing him like crazy is a sacrifice that I'm more than willing to make - for as many times, and as long as I have to in order to spend the rest of my life with him. Moving on - the rest of my night progressed pretty fast. I told my boss he was mean today - is that allowed? I think it was okay that I said that.. who knows. I got home around 9:20pm to find one of my favorite salads waiting for me! That made my night a little better too! Also, my cat is playing with a dog toy right now. By himself. That makes my night a little better too haha! Unfortunately tonight, like most other nights, I have a headache. I'm SO glad I get to sleep in tomorrow. I plan to spend the rest of my night doing my nightly workout, and looking at girly things on Pinterest until I fall asleep. Good plan right?
Tip of the day: Like I've said before, keep busy. Keep busy, and I promise this time will go by faster. Appreciate the little things that make you miss your significant other more, but don't let them weigh you down. You're not alone, they are always with you in your heart and thoughts - they are just a little farther away than you are used to! 
Stay Positive! You're strong enough to get through this, I promise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment