Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 47 of boot camp

This morning I woke up from the sound of the alarm on my phone. I laid on the couch for a while watching morning TV shows with Matt's little brother when their home phone rang. I listened intently, just in case it was Matt calling. The phone went to voice mail, and then turned off. Shortly after the Rocky theme song started blaring from my cell phone speakers. I looked down to see the South Carolina area code. I quickly hit "answer" and said Hello. It was Matt! My wonderful fiance was on the other end of the phone for the second weekend in a row. I was so beyond happy and excited. It was still so hard to hear him, so we decided to hang up, and have him call his house phone back so I could pick that up. Less than a minute later the home phone rang and I picked it up right away. Matt's step father was walking through the kitchen so I told him to wake Matt's mom up so she could talk to him too! I realized we'd have plenty of time after Matt said he had a whole 20 minutes to talk today! While talking, Matt's mom picked up the other phone and all 3 of us got to talk! Before I knew it Matt said he had only one minute left. His mom got off the phone to allow us to say our goodbyes. I told him I loved him, and he told me he loved me more. Then we had to say goodbye. I hung up the phone, and Matt's mom walked in the room. I sat with tears running down my cheeks, then she asked if I was crying and I began to sob while saying "yes". She came over to give me a hug and I explained that I just miss Matt so much. It's so hard to hear his voice, but not be able to see him. It makes me feel like he is so much closer than he actually is. I wiped my tears away though, because there are too many reasons to be happy. I got a call on our anniversary, it lasted about 20 minutes!, I got a letter the day before, I got to update him on the wedding - and get some opinions, etc etc! I got dressed, and put on my face so that we could all leave to go out to breakfast. It was me, Matt's mom, my mom, and Matt's younger brother. The moms got to talk wedding, and we all got good food. After that I headed home to meet Linds, and then she, my mom, my sister, and I headed out wedding dress shopping! We got there after a long and slightly confusing car ride, and then the fun began! My consultant pulled many dresses, all of which looked good - but one really stood out to me. Of course, the most expensive one. I won't describe it, because I want it to be a surprise on my wedding day, but let me just say it is amazing, and I look amazing in it! I even found the perfect veil to go with it! After my whole outfit was put together I stood in front of the large mirror and starred at myself. I looked beautiful. The dress was everything I had pictured it to be, and I just had to have it. I decided that was "the" dress, and I got to close my eyes, make a wish, and ring a bell - it's ritual. The whole wedding shop applauded and I stood and soaked it all in with a smile on my face. I got changed into my regular clothes and then it was time to look for some bridesmaids dresses. Morgan, my sister, went with a long and elegant dress, and Lindsey went with a short and adorable one! They both looked great, and that got me even more excited. Now Matt's sisters, and Lindsey daughter just have to find their perfect dresses and my ladies will be set! I also found out that Matt's best friend, Rob will be one of Matt's groomsmen, which is awesome news! Matt's mother and I will go out and find all matching ties for the guys soon! Everything is coming together so perfectly, and I couldn't be happier.This is so exciting, and I'm so glad I now have something else to keep my mind busy while my best friend, and soon to be husband is away.  After shopping Lindsey and I went out for dinner, and stupidly sat outside on this chilly, and windy day. We definitely had fun though, whether we were freezing or not. We went our separate ways after that, and my mother, sister and I went on a long much needed walk. I have to keep in shape for my September wedding!! Since then I've been hanging out, doing some homework, and looking up some more wedding ideas. I just finished up a very long letter to Matt that I will send out tomorrow morning. It seems as though it takes a while for him to get my letters. I wish that he would receive mine as fast as anyone else would, but I know this is not possible since he is in boot camp. Pretty soon we'll have to stop sending letters all together, and just wait until it is time to go see him for his graduation.
Tip of the day: Go out with your close friends and have some fun! Whatever you may get into, make sure there are plenty of laughs and loads of fun. It will help to one, lift your mood, and two, keep you busy! The best thing to do during this time apart from your loved one is to keep busy as possible. I won't lie, no matter how busy I am - Matt is always on my mind, and every little thing reminds me of him and makes me wish he were here - but it keeps me happier than I would be if I were all alone missing him.
Stay positive! - that's the very best thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment