Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 40 of boot camp

1 month left!! I'm hoping this month goes by super fast. My morning started off perfectly, and you may be wondering why. I got woken up around 7:40 AM with a phone call. This wasn't just any phone call though. I picked up and said "Hello?" in a groggy morning voice. On the other end of the phone I heard a familiar voice say "Maddie?". I swear my heart melted when I heard that. It was Matt! I finally got a phone call! It was so hard to hear him. He sounded so far away, and half of the time his words were muffled. We started talking about a bunch of random things, and after a minute I realized I hadn't told him I loved him yet. I stopped whatever what I was saying and said "I love you". Matt stopped our conversation too, and replied with "I love you more". I can still hear his words echoing in my mind. Our phone call seemed to end way too quickly, before I knew it Matt told me he had to go. I said I love you about 5 more times before we had to end our call. I stayed on the phone until I heard his end of the line click off. I waited for a second then put down my phone too. As soon as I did that the water works started. I laid there on the couch with my hand over my face crying until there were no more tears. I hung out at his house for a little longer talking wedding with his mom. Around 10:30 I left and came home to go out with my sister. The two of us drove out to the movie theater and saw the new GI Joe movie. As soon as we sat down my mind started spinning with thoughts of Matt. He and I would go to the movies all the time, I never went with anyone else. Sitting in the theater watching the previews brought back so many memories of sitting there with him. The movie previews even made me think of him, because I wished that we could go see those movies together, but he will still be gone when they come out. I didn't think of this ahead of time, but this whole movie was about GI Joe's who were part of the Army. So, during the whole entire movie I was thinking about, and missing Matt. I even almost cried when one of the men died. I know Matt will not be in the same crazy situations as these people, but it still made me think of him. After the movie we went to the mall to buy Morgan some dress clothes. We made it home just in time for dinner, and after that my sister, mother, and I went for a long walk. I've spent the rest of the night sitting on the couch finishing up some things for school. As the night gets later I find myself thinking more and more about Matt, also probably because I'm typing about him now. I just miss him so much, and I feel like we did not get nearly enough time to talk on the phone this morning. I just wish that he could be here now, but I know he cannot so I must toughen up until I can finally be with him again.
Tip of the day: keep your mind clear. When you're missing your loved one remember, there isn't much you can do about it right now, and it will be over soon enough. You're loved one is far away being strong, so you must stay strong while you are back home.
Stay strong and positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment