Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 44 of boot camp

Today started off pretty blah. I woke up not feeling well, but still made myself get up and get ready for class. I stopped on the way for some coffee, assuming I would not be rushing to get there. For some reason 15 was all blocked up, and I in fact ended up rushing to get to class on time. My luck there were no parking spots close to my building at all. So, I drove all the way across campus and found ONE parking spot. I quickly turned in, already 5 minutes late to class. I will admit I even noticed I was a bit crooked, but if I'm able to get out of my car fine with my long doors - it isn't that bad, trust me! Class went fine, it was actually fun and got me laughing. On my way back to my car it started to rain, and as I walked it started to rain even more. I was pretty much soaked by the time I got to my car. I put my bags in the passenger side, and went to sit down behind the wheel when I saw a piece of paper stuck in my windshield wipers. I stopped, halfway seated in mid air, and stood back up to grab the note. My first thought was that someone left me a nice note on my car, maybe a friend. NOPE! I opened the piece of lined notebook paper and written quite largely was " you park like an ASS " - in messy handwriting might I add. I smiled, sat down, then got angry. It really irks me that this person - who has no idea who I am or what my morning was like - took the time to write something mean on a stupid piece of paper and put it on my car. I don't understand people sometimes, it's like they want to be mean. I mean, obviously this person knew this note was not a nice one. I suppose I shouldn't pry on it so much though, it's in the past now. Anyways, I finished up some studying before History, then headed back into the building for that class. Turns out we didn't have a test, so I didn't need to study - It can't hurt though so whatever! After class I jumped in my car, and quickly drove home. As I got closer and closer to my house the butterflies in my stomach began to grow, and I felt very nervous. I was hoping to find a letter today when I made my drive by the mailbox. I even sent a text message to my family to make sure they left the mail alone so I could see if I got anything or not. I feel more sure when I see for myself. Sadly, there was no letter. I put my car in park right in front of the mail box, looked through the envelopes in my lap one more time just to make sure I didn't miss anything, then buried my face in my open hands and cried. I decided the side of the street was not a good place to cry, especially because people were walking their dogs right beside me. I drove around to my driveway, opened the garage, parked my car again, and sat and cried some more. About 10 minutes went by when I decided to suck it up and go inside. 10 minutes wasn't actually enough time, so I walked downstairs to my room. I stood in front of my dresser looking at all the pictures of Matt sitting atop it and cried some more. Then I sat on the floor, hid my face in a towel, and cried even more. After a little while of that I changed into comfy clothes, stood in the back pantry looking for something to eat, and cried a little more. I picked up a can of soup, and decided I should stop crying. I slugged back up the stairs and made my dinner. After that I went for a long walk with my mom, and we got to talking about the wedding - which cheered me right up. I've been in a better mood ever since. My best friend Lindsey stopped by for a little bit tonight. Aubrey was fast asleep in her car seat, so the two of us sat on the hood of her car with a blanket and talked for about an hour. Eventually Linds had to go, so we hugged goodbye and I came back inside. I'll finish my night with some pilates, a shower, and hopefully I'll fall asleep fast. Tomorrow is a new day - and maybe I'll get a letter then! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up - but I probably will anyways.
Tip of the day: Everyone has their bad days - everyone. Don't worry if you have one of these days, it happens. Don't let it get you too down though - go ahead and cry, let it all out, but then pick yourself back up and stay strong!
Stay positive! This time will be over before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment