Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 38 of boot camp

Day 38 has been a long one, and I have to say I'm glad it's over. I let myself sleep in a little this morning and headed off to my Friday class in the pouring rain. I don't like driving to begin with, and then I had to drive in the pouring rain with about 10% visibility at one point. I got to class just in time. We even got to leave early because we had a test. I arrived home around 12:00 PM and decided to go for a jog/walk. I can't really jog for long periods of time because of my asthma so I would switch off between a brisk walk, and a faster paced jog. I got home in about 45 minutes and relaxed until it was time to get dressed for work. After that I sat and waiting again. I was waiting to leave, and waiting for the mail to get here. It was about 20 minutes before I had to leave the house when the mail finally arrived. I hustled down to the mail box to find another letter waiting for me! I grabbed the mail, and like many other times sprinted back into the house. I stood in the kitchen and read each of the three folded up pieces of paper inside the envelope. Matt and I had spoke earlier of getting married after his AIT, which would be in September. I told him that I would definitely do this, and I had been waiting for his response to that. He's all for it too - so I'm now planning a wedding for this September! I can't believe it, but I am SO over joyed!! I want nothing more than to be with Matt, and after I finish up at FCC I will be able to go and live with him on base. Just typing about it  makes me smile and warms my heart. It's going to be hard to plan a wedding in 5 months, but I'm going to take on this challenge and succeed. I'm so excited!! Work was slow, and I had a headache - but that's pretty normal for Friday's. I got to come home early, and now I'm watching TV and typing away. I plan to do my nightly workout after this and write a letter to Matt - then I'll go to bed (maybe).
Tip of the day: Get some sleep - or as much sleep as you can. Lately I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should, and I can feel it weighing me down. I've been getting headaches more frequently, and I think the lack of sleep is one of the biggest reasons. You're mind is probably already stressed because you're missing your loved one, so do your best to lower the amount of stress so you can stay healthy!
Stay positive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment