Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 54 of boot camp

I woke up several times at Matt's this morning. I first set my alarm for a little before 8, hoping for a morning phone call from Matt like we had gotten the past 2 weeks. No call, so I went back to sleep and snoozed my alarm probably 8 times just in case Matt did call. I didn't want to fall into too deep of a sleep, what if the phone rang?! I eventually headed home around 11:00 AM - still with no phone call. I hugged his mom goodbye then headed home to begin my load of school work I need to get done before I leave for South Carolina! I finished my paper for my film class, then my mom, sister, and I went to Down Town Frederick to find the perfect necklace for me to wear on my wedding day. Being of proud Lithuanian decent, and already having beautiful amber earrings, we decided to go to the Amber Coast, a small shop with all things from Eastern Europe, to find the necklace. And that's just what we did - found the perfect necklace.  It matches beautifully with my earrings and was hand crafted in Poland then brought here. I love it, and I can't wait to wear it. It's also said that amber brings good luck and love, so it's perfect! After finishing up our little shopping trip we headed home. While driving back my phone started blaring the Rocky theme song, meaning I was getting a phone call. I looked down to see South Carolina's area code! I freaked out, yelled "MATT'S CALLING", turned off the radio that was never on to begin with (meaning I actually turned it on) then actually turned it off, and picked up the phone. On the other line was a very deep and strange voice talking to me. I knew it was Matt, but he sounded so different. I came to find out he was purposely making his voice deep and has been practicing it while down there! HAHA! I love him. Matt only had 10 minutes to talk today, and so I made out what he was saying the best I could, and we had a nice conversation. He told me how much he liked throwing grenades, and sadly that he hasn't received any of my MANY letters for over a week :(. Apparently he's sent more too that I haven't gotten either. I told him that at least we only have 2 weeks left. As the conversation got closer and closer to ending I tried to remember if I had anything else I needed to tell him. Matt then told me he had something he NEEDED to tell me, so I asked what. He replied with "I love you", which melted my heart and spread a big ol' smile on my face. I told him I loved him more, and before I knew it his time to talk was up. We said our goodbyes, I love yous, and I can't wait to see yous and then I listened until his side of the line clicked off, as I always do. I sat there smiling, and shaking with excitement and butterflies that lasted long after we got home.  Matt makes me SO happy, even just a simple phone call makes me loopy with joy. Once the butterflies had settled I started on more school work again. I finished a project for my British Lit class, a narrative poem about the journey of Beowulf. I then moved on to a paper for my History class. I got that done too, not too long ago actually. I have everything else set up and put into my mind that I need to get done, and I am so glad. I don't have much time at all til I get to leave to go see Matt! I know this time will go by fast for us. I'm busy with school work, and he's busy with last minute activities before his big graduation. I couldn't be more proud of him, and I absolutely cannot wait to marry that boy. Only about 16 days left!! I'll finish up the night with some pilates, and some much needed sleep.
Tip of the day: get things organized, and ready! No one wants a scrambled mind! Keep yourself calm and aware by planning things out ahead of time, and then getting them done before they need to be turned in! I promise you doing this will keep your stress level down, and help you to stay happy busy - instead of crazy, running around like a chicken with it's head cut off busy. .. That kinda busy doesn't sound too fun to me.
Stay positive! The weeks will soon be days, and the days will soon be hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment