Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 49 of boot camp

Today started around 9:00 AM when I finally got out of bed. I got dressed, did my hair and got my school books together. After that I stopped by the post office to mail a letter to Matt, and then got some Clif bars from the grocery store across the street. I finally finished everything I had to do, and made my way to class. After my Education class I went off to the mall in search of the perfect shoes to match my wedding dress. I had $10 off at DSW, and luckily I found the shoes. I picked out about 4 different boxes of shoes, and when going to put them back they somehow exploded and shoes went everywhere. I didn't see anyone stare at me, but I was embarrassed anyways haha. I picked up the mess as fast as I could and hurried to check out. So now I have the dress and the shoes - perfect! After a little shopping I drove back to school for my last two classes of the day. I found a pretty good parking spot, and got some coffee before walking awkwardly behind a girl who was going way to slow up the stairs to my History class. Class went by fast enough, and I walked across the hall to my British Lit class. That's my long class, but it surprisingly wasn't too bad. I got home around 8:00 PM and ate some leftovers for dinner. I cleaned my room, got laundry together, got some cardio in on the stationary bike, then did some pilates. Now I'm sitting on the couch in my basement watching MTV and typing this before I go shower. I felt sad at the begginning of the day, still missing Matt - but as the day progressed I got happy when missing Matt instead. I thought of how happy I will be to finally see him again, and how wonderful it will be to get to hug him, kiss him, and just have a face to face conversation with him! I really just miss being able to talk to him every day! It's coming soon though - 3 weeks left until we're finally reunited! Since we've been apart I've realized how fast time goes by - and that's why I'm so excited, because I know this time will go by so fast!! Before, days used to be so long - then weeks seemed long, but now if someone told me I wouldn't be able to see Matt for a week I would be so thankful, because a week is nothing compared to these months I've been without him, and even months aren't so bad - because I know I won't be able to see him for another 4 months after this. This is really hard, I won't sugar coat it - being away from my best friend, and soon to be husband is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but if you sit down to think about it - who cares about the pain, and the crying?! Who cares if you're sad for a little while... because you will get to spend the rest of your life with this person you're waiting for and crying about missing. And, for me at least, that is so worth the waiting, emotional nights, and seemingly impossible days. Matt is the best thing that has ever come into my life. He makes me a better person, and really makes me just appreciate so many of the little things and life. I love him more than anything, and I am so thankful for him.
Tip of the day: Sit down and think. Think of why you're sad. You're sad because you feel lonely and you miss your loved one right? Well why do you feel sad and miss them? Because you're waiting for them. Why are you waiting for them? Because you love them. And why do you love them? That's for you to answer ... and if all of your answers to these questions match up with what I said - then the wait is worth it and you're doing the right thing. Sitting down and thinking about this will clear your mind, and hopefully make you feel better. And you should feel better - because you're strong, and not everyone is strong enough to do what we are doing. Remember that.
Stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment