Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 37 of boot camp

Wow, we're getting closer to 40 now. That's a long time! Sometimes I take a step back and still can't believe Matt has been gone so long. I have no idea how I'm surviving, but I am - and that's good.
  This morning I woke up around 9, did my hair, got dressed, typed up a journal entry for my Education class, and then headed off to attend that class. After that I did some studying outside for History. The weather has been beautiful lately; warm, sunny, and a slight breeze too! As great as this weather is, my allergies have been acting up, thus causing a horrible headache today. Of course, I had taken my headache medicine out of my purse, so I decided to drive home. While driving my headache got even worse, and it seemed like it took me an hour to finally get to my house. Before parking I decided to check the mail, because well why not! The mail wasn't there yet. I took some migraine medicine and sat down for about 30 minutes until I headed back to school for my last class of the day. I noticed I was very tired on the drive back though, so I bought myself a $1.35 coffee from the cafeteria, then sat in a dark classroom for about 20 minutes, waiting for it to begin.  25 minutes into class and I found out I probably shouldn't have gotten that coffee. The caffeine in the migraine medicine, and the caffeine in the coffee had enveloped my whole mind and body leaving me feeling slightly crazy, and dizzy. I didn't feel the energy part of the caffeine overdose until after class was over, and then I drove home extremely impatient with the other drivers around me. I did my best to keep my cool while idiots slammed on their brakes for no reason, and switched lanes without turn signals (one of my biggest pet peeves on the road). I, and many others, made it home in one piece. I checked the mail once more to sadly find nothing for me (I'm still hoping for something tomorrow). I walked inside to my family standing in the kitchen waiting for me to come home so we could eat dinner. They heated left overs, and I ate the rest of my salad from last night until a stink bug landed on my head and ruined my appetite. After dinner my parents made a trip to Costco, and my sister and I took a long walk around the neighborhood. We got back around 8:00 PM, and both finished up some last minute homework. Around 9 I hauled my tired butt down stairs to do my nightly workout routine. My sister, Morgan, came down shortly after to steal one of my shirts to wear to school tomorrow - which is fine, she's not really stealing since I told her she could. I finished up my workout, showered, painted my nails, plucked my eyebrows, and now here I am in bed typing like I do every night. I'm going to be tired tomorrow.
Tip of the day: If you take, or drink something with caffeine in it, wait a little bit for that to kick in before taking or drinking something else with caffeine in it. Trust me, it's no fun. Keep your days as busy as you can without overloading yourself. When you're busy, your mind is busy - meaning you don't have as much time to sulk about missing your loved one. I have to admit, even while I'm keeping busy Matt is always on my mind, and most of the time I am talking about him. But, even so, talking to someone else about him is better than sitting alone, thinking about how much I miss him, and how much I wish we could be together at that moment.
Stay positive! Another week is almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment