Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 43 of boot camp

It's Wednesday - the week is halfway over! Actually it's Wednesday night, so the week is more than half way over. Weeks are definitely seeming to go by faster now, and I'm SO glad. I woke up this morning, showered, got some coffee in me, and hung out with my mom for a while. I chose some 'favorite' wedding dresses online so that the women at the shop will have an idea of what I want before I get there this Sunday. How exciting! After that I taped up a box full of wedding presents for Sarah, and sent them on their way! I headed off to Matt's house when I was finished with that and his mom and I took a long walk around a park while chatting away. It was a very nice walk and talk. After that we headed back home and waited for Jesse, Matt's younger brother, to get home from school. Once he got home the two of us played a game of basketball (I won just in case you were wondering) before it was time to take a trip to Walmart! When the Walmart trip was over we went back home, and I played basketball with Jesse once again while his mom got dinner ready. We sat together and ate while watching Wheel Of Fortune, then played badminton outside for about an hour. It started to get dark, so Matt's mom headed inside. Jesse turned on the flood light and we played soccer for about another hour - which is fine with me because I absolutely love soccer! I beat him at this game :). Jesse then decided he may want to play soccer, and be a goalie. I think that's great, maybe he will find something he really likes! After I sweated my butt off running around the backyard, and got my head all dirty by heading a wet and grass soaked soccer ball, we ended our game and went back inside. Since I was in the basement already I walked into Matt's old bedroom, turned on the light, and made my way around looking at everything that is still sitting up. Workout equipment  pictures of me, some things I made/gave to him, and other randoms filled the quiet room. It still smells like him. I miss that smell. I wanted to cry right then and there, but I didn't. I sucked up my feelings, turned the light off, and walked out of his room and up the stairs to sit with his family once more. A little while after, we said our goodbyes, and I headed back to my house. While driving home I thought to myself that I am just ready to see Matt again. I mean, I've been ready ever since he left, but I am sooooo ready now! I'm ready to be able to talk to him again, I'm ready to be able to hug and kiss him, I'm ready to just be able to look at him! I still have quite a few days and weeks left, and I will continue to patiently wait until I am able to be with him again - but I'm just saying, I'm ready now!
Tip of the day: Go play something outside! The weather is starting to get nicer (at least here it is), and hey, everyone could use a little exercise! It'll keep your mind busy, and your heart pumpin'!  You may as well try and be in good shape for your soldier's homecoming - I'm sure they'd like that!
Stay positive! You're another day closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment